Saturday, June 9, 2012

I am experimenting with some container gardening this year, this is one of my favorites.  In this display I have Salvia, Blue Daze, Fan Flower (Scaevola "Top Pot Pink"), Angelonia, Lantana, Spikes, Sweet Potato Vine, Vinca Minor, and a beautiful annual that I found this year that is one of my new loves, the Calibrachoa!  I took a picture soon after I planted this pot, that's the top one - the bottom one is from Thursday (the 7th of June).  I wish I had a picture of the pot at a better angle from when I first planted it, but such is life.  I've also moved it from my front porch to the back where it gets more sunlight.  It seems happy there, and since most of my time is spent in the backyard with the little one, it just means I get to enjoy it more.  Can't wait to start my herb pot today!


April 30, 2012
June 7, 2012








3 comments:

  1. Experimenting is always good! Great things happen from experiments! And sometimes in my case great disasters too but at least I learn what not to do :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep meaning to plant a garden (flower) and I hope to get to it one of these days...

    I saw you're growing salvia. I did a blog post on salvia I think last year. People use it as a substitute for marijuana. here is a link that gives you the side effects of using salvia http://www.salvia.info/effects-of-salvia.html It is actually illegal in some states.

    Not that I think you're going to smoke it or anything, but a lot of people don't know about its effects.

    Stopping by from VoiceBoks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Laura, some types of salvia are illegal because people are trying to smoke it, but only certain types, not the kind you will find at your local nurseries or Wal Mart. I forget what the technical name is for the kind that is illegal, but the kind I have is very different - in fact I have a few different kinds in other flower beds.
    It's funny too, I spend part of my time in Colorado where my parent's home is, and as long as you have a prescription for it, you can grow your own marijuana there! Talk about crazy!
    Thank you for the heads up though, I think a lot of people don't know about that.

    ReplyDelete